Announcement: LTCH User ID Registration Process (posted 08/17/2012)
Effective August 20, 2012, LTCH providers required to submit LTCH CARE assessments for the LTCH Quality Reporting Program, may begin
registering for their CMSNet and QIES User IDs. The CMSNet User ID allows users to access the CMS private Wide Area Network or WAN,
where the LTCH CARE Submissions and CASPER Reporting systems reside. The QIES User ID allows users to submit LTCH CARE assessments to
the Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES) Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system. The QIES User ID also allows
users to access the assessment and submission reports in the CASPER Reporting application for LTCH CARE assessments that were submitted.
The CMSNet and QIES User IDs are not used for submission of Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) data to the Centers for Disease
Each provider will be allowed two CMSNet User IDs and two QIES User IDs. LTCH providers will be required to request the CMSNet user
IDs first, followed by an online registration process for the QIES User ID. The online registration confirmation will contain the
QIES User ID, and the Facility ID. NOTE: If you need Corporate or Third
Party Access do not register for multiple individual User IDs. Separate forms for Corporate and Third Party User Registration will be
posted on QTSO when they are available.
The LTCH Provider User Registration WebEx training session, which is available on the QTSO website, provides the necessary
information for the User ID registration processes. The training session must be reviewed prior to attempting the registration
It is important that the User ID registration processes be completed before the end of September 2012 to ensure that the necessary
User IDs are available and activated prior to the October 1, 2012 LTCH CARE assessment submission requirement.
Below is essential information about the LTCH Provider User Registration WebEx training session.
- Access the QTSO e-University page at https://www.qtso.com/webex/qiesclasses.php.
- Select the Other link located in the Recorded Training Sessions Categories box and the QTSO e-University login page will
- Enter your first and last name and Email address in the Name and Email fields.
- Select the Go button and the Recorded Training Sessions page will display
- Select the Provider User ID Registration Processes link from the Recorded Training Sessions box to view the recording.
- The file format for this recording is Windows Media Video (WMV). Windows Media Player is recommended for viewing.
- This training session contains audio and visual information. Ensure that the computer's speakers are turned on to hear the
- This recorded training session contains closed captioning. Select the Closed Captioning Instructions link in the
Recorded Training Sessions box to access instructions for enabling the closed captioning feature, if needed.
- Please contact the QTSO Help Desk by phone at (877) 201-4721 or by email at
email@example.com if you have questions regarding this training session.